Thursday, February 17, 2022

Let's get started! 🎬


As I mentioned in my last post, Im planning on doing this film opening by myself, and I plan on introducing the main character's personality at the start of those 2 minutes by small details, for example the kid walking alone, seeing shadows that aren't really there... and more.

For my main character, I chose to cast my brother because he is around the same age as my protagonist and he basically does everything I say, so it would be easy to work with such a good actor. As for the setting, I would like it to be here in Weston since its surrounded by trees and it kind of gives that "trapped in," "smaller than" vibe I'm going for, plus, Ms. Stoklosa said to go with what we know, and what other place than is better than Weston for that? However, I had to do some location sighting in order to found the perfect place to film peaceful but overwhelming scenes. 

After my research I found this neighborhood in front of the Country Isles school, it had this long street where the trees seemed to close in, it is also near a park in which I could shot a couple of creepy shots of lonely swings swinging in the wind.

At the end of the street there is also a cross walk where I plan to make my brother walk with his back pack inferring he is on his way to school. As he walks by, the title should show under the cross walk. I'm taking inspiration from the Beatles here.








The point of this scene is to show the main characters daily routine, which usually says a lot about a character. The boy is supposed to dress in neutral colors because he doesn't like to stand out, he walks to school alone because he doesn't have friends nor someone who really cares about him, and he is completely silent during the whole opening, lost on quietly observing his surroundings. 

I was doing research on the genre and I was mostly inspired by the film openings of "Scream (1996)" and "it (2017)" where the main character is going on with their day until the antagonist interrupts them by introducing theirselves, but we never really get to fully see them.


Scream (1996)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lSvJ5RXKA 


It, (2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWJ6RP55nU 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fears of a Kid

Fears of a Kid is finally here! After sweat and tears I can proudly present you guys my film opening! Hope you all like it as much as i did,...