Sunday, February 27, 2022

Let's continue... 🎬

 I have been watching a bunch of film openings this weekend to do some research about what else could I add to my story board, and for starters, I need to introduce the source of Ash's fears, the pills.

I feel like it would be cool to introduce them while he is drawing in the kitchen, kind of doing a focus pull that goes from Ash drawing, to the pills that are closer to the camera. But, as I was looking for inspiration for this scene, I found this gif.


This encouraged me to try and do the same but with a twist. Instead of the picture of a family showing, a shadow would be behind Ash as he is finishing to take his pills.

Doing this, helps me to introduce a bit more of his paranormal experiences, how he deals with them, and allows me to show more of his daily routine as the small child he is, taking care of himself. 

Aside from this also helping me reach the 2 minutes for the film opening, I wanted to make Ash's personality quiet and kid-mature, what I mean by this, is that Ash is going to try to act like an adult. This results in him doing adult chores and decisions but as the child he is, solving problems with the mind of a child. This is to show how he was never actually told how to do things the proper way since he didn't really have any kind of paternal figure, just his aunt, who never really took actual care of him.

The mirror scene is key, since it will show Ash's "drug," effects and how he handles it.

I imagine this scene being something like this: Ash enters the bathroom, he climbs up on top of the toilette and then on to the sink (this is a small reference of how he is still a kid) then, when Ash is in front of the mirror, we see his reflection through the mirror, he is emotionless, then he opens the mirror and takes the pills, after swallowing one, he puts the canister back and closes the mirror. This time we see Ash's reflection again, but with a shadow behind it, Ash acknowledges it and widens his eyes, then, slowly turns around and gets off the sink as if it wasn't really that big of a deal.

My choice of shots for this angle are either an over the shoulder scene during the whole thing or introducing close ups of Ash climbing the toilette, taking out the pills on his hand, leaving the canister inside again...


Here are some images to visualize the key scene better.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Fears of a Kid

Fears of a Kid is finally here! After sweat and tears I can proudly present you guys my film opening! Hope you all like it as much as i did,...