Monday, February 28, 2022

Props 🎬

 Hey fellas, today the blog entry is about props! One of the most important things in film production. Props are the small details the tell stories most of the time, like a broken mirror in a teenage movie where the main character hates herself, or a scrapped car in the driveway of a not-so-lucky family... Small details that say a LOT of the setting, characters, moods and society.


For starters, a prop that I will be using is the pills orange canister, I don't think I have any of those at home but I will probably buy one at my local Wallgreens thats quite similar, because the color its not only really iconic, but it also stands out since I plan on doing the color tone really monochrome and neutral. However, the pills canister would be full of smarties, an easy solution to replace the pills for something that looks like a pill but isn't deadly to my lead actor. 😬

 This is a picture of the candy that will replace the pills in the canister. Safe and yummy, unless you don't brush your teeth after, in that case it's not that safe.

Another prop I will like to introduce into the opening would be the back pack Ash is using, for it, I have in mind a mickey mouse back pack my brother has... It's not that neutral since it uses red, this is also kind of ironic since the red is quite expressive, something that Ash really isn't. However, the red color would be a great color to introduce in bits throughout the 2 minutes. 

I haven't decided much on the rest of the props, I'm a bit of a creative soul, so I like to add as I create. But my main focus is to make the colors neutral so they don't stand out except in special occasions, and the same goes with the backgrounds. The focus should always stay on Ash and what he sees.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fears of a Kid

Fears of a Kid is finally here! After sweat and tears I can proudly present you guys my film opening! Hope you all like it as much as i did,...