Sunday, March 6, 2022

Convey through music 🎬

We all know dialogue can develop a scene, but how about music? Can music develop a scene?

Well, we are about to find out, because my film opening is mute, there is no dialogue. So choosing the music to carry a 2 min opening all by itself, it's no easy task.

I listened to a lot of not copy righted horror music today, and I think i might start hearing it in my nightmares.

This three are my top for now, however, I feel like this last one does fit quite well to set the mood I'm going for. The song is more of a mysterious vibe, more than a scary one, and thats exactly what I want the audience to feel, curiosity, suspicion, thrill... Not fear... at least for now... 😈

I was also planning on adding the music after the setting scenes, what I would do on this ones is to play the actual sound, the swing swinging, the car's wind sound when it passes near the camera lifting the leaves on the street, the sound of plants crashing with each other due to the wind... Then, when Ash is introduced, the music would start playing.

I think doing that would not only break the monotony of sound in the opening, but it will also set the audience more inside the movie. Making them connect with the main character a bit more, and to set the mood so the audience feels Ash's world.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fears of a Kid

Fears of a Kid is finally here! After sweat and tears I can proudly present you guys my film opening! Hope you all like it as much as i did,...